Monday 28 April 2008

Confirmation of Details

Yet another day has passed. Weekend is over and time for reality check.
Here are the few details that we had confirmed for the past week since I last updated the blog.

Bride's Dinner:
13th September 2008 @ Sunway Carnival Convention Centre, Seberang Jaya, Penang
Musicians: Mosaic and Dennis Lau
MC and Sound System: TBC (Some idiot events company in Penang has yet confirmed the details with me)
Decoration: Keatky, Gina, Eng Soon, Lee Ling and the rest of the bridesmaids.
Theme: Mooncake Festival

Groom's Dinner
14th September 2008 @ Traders Hotel, Penang
Theme: Mooncake Festival
Just a basic dinner with soft music background as per requested by the groom's dad.

Well, per previous posts, it was pretty sorted that my mom decide to rent a new wedding dress and two new evening dresses for me to wear on the actual day. But then, each dress are charged separately on top of the basic package (RM2300) totaling RM6000. The dresses charges itself cost about RM2300. Madness I know. I have yet canceled the plan to hire the dresses from them but I am doing some research whether to get them made to measure (MTM) myself. I am in the middle of negotiating with a wedding dress tailor in Penang. I was quoted RM1700-1900 for a complex dress that I came across through the internet. If the less complicated dress I opt for, the cheaper it would be.
Still contemplating whether to MTM or hire it. HELP!!!!
Groom wants two separate pairs of suits which if tailor-made will cost more. If I were to stick to the original package of RM6000, the groom's suit and shirts are included. Sigh! Don't know what to do now.

Anyways, that was just a quick update about my dresses, the suits and the venues. The big stuffs are sorted. Now, photography (PG) and videography (VG) is costing me a bomb to hire the professionals. Indeed, I don't know if we are still engaging the professional. Whether just to stick with friends taking a video and then get a professional photographers. Seems like everyone seems to think RM7000 for the VG and PG package is a bit extreme. Sigh! Another problem cropped up.

At the moment, the only things confirmed are:
1. Themes
2. Venues
3. Decorating Team
4. Caterers for the Bride's Home

The main issue of wedding dresses and suits, VG and PG is still in the middle of TROUBLES. That is the most I can say I guess. Everyone seems to think RM7000 is madness. What do you think?

Night is late now. Heading to bed. Probably I should seek more advices from some professional before making any decisions.
Damn! GBP 1000++ for VG and PG. How?

Mom screamed. Groom don't mind. I am confused. HELP!!

No comments: