Thursday 10 July 2008

The Wedding Ceremony

One photo of us while preparing before the ceremony starts.

Receiving some final advice from Vicar Keith with the best man, Andy next to him.

Being typical Lee Ling, making sure all goes according to plan before the wedding starts, PERFECTO!

And I walked down the aisle in my brother's arm, accompanied by the song, "Tennessee"

Guided by Keith, it was some slow steps but I had to make sure I don't trip on my dress. LOL! And we were all chatting and laughing all the way down the aisle! That was because I was nervous!

My brother shaking hands and handing over the bride to the groom with the maid of honour behind them.
As we both walked down the aisle together. This was the moment when I felt like a celebrity with more than 10 cameras in front of us flashing!

As all of the attendees take their seats and Keith in position.

As I checked on Aric, Fal, Kenneth and the gang and make sure they come in to get their seats.

This picture is hilarious! Our facial expressions were so candid!
Groom: I am hungry and thirsty.
Bride: Errrrrr...... What???

The happy Eng Soon. Awwwwww!!! He was laughing in the most cute manner!

As we both sit in the middle of the crowd and listening to Keith preach about marriage, love and asked if anyone wants to object to this marriage.

Aggie reading a scripture from the bible, St. Paul's letter to the Ephesians (5:21-33)

As we both read our way through as if we are going to sit for an exam! But we were actually singing "Amazing Grace" at that time accompanied by the music. It was a meaningful and it all described all his feelings through that hymn.

The right audiences, our colleagues, friends, ex-colleagues and my university mates.

Ooopss! Bow almost undone, but as we both stand in front of Keith for the REAL marriage ceremony. The TOUCHY AND MUSHY stuffs we were about to say before the Lord. Our declarations of marriage.

Keith: Eng Soon, will you have Lee Ling, to be your wife? Will you live with her in obedience to God's will and purpose? Will you love her, honour her and care for her, in sickness and in health? Will you be faith to her and her alone, as long as you both live?
Eng Soon: I will.

Keith: Lee Ling, will you have Eng Soon, to be your husband? Will you live with him in obedience to God's will and purpose? Will you love him, honour him and care for him, in sickness and in health? Will you be faith to him and him alone, as long as you both live?

As he held my hand and he said his vow to me in front of the Lord and all that are there witnessing the marriage.

I, Eng Soon, take you Lee Ling, to be my wife,
To have and to hold,
From this day forward,
For better for worse,
For richer for poorer,
In sickness and in health,
To love and cherish,
As long as we both shall live,
According to the will and purpose of God.
And to this I give you my pledge.

Honestly, at this moment, my eyes were reddish and watery. I just felt so touched. Even though we have practised several times and also during the rehearsal it was just a complete different feeling, I can see it from his eyes, his promise, his love to me. Honestly, it just felt so magical!

And as I give him my vows, before the Lord and I was pretty nervous as I am afraid to screw up in case I forget the words. During the rehearsal, I got stucked at the same line, thrice! But, it all went well.

I, Lee Ling, take you Eng Soon, to be my husband,
To have and to hold,
From this day forward,
For better for worse,
For richer for poorer,
In sickness and in health,
To love and cherish,
As long as we both shall live,
According to the will and purpose of God.
And to this I give you my pledge.

As we hold the rings on the Priest's book and Keith gave some blessings to the rings.
Keith: O Lord, these Rings, given and received as a sign of love and faithfulness.
All: Amen

As he slipped the ring onto my fourth finger on my left hand and holding it to say "Receive this Ring in token of my love and faithfulness. I honour you with my body, And all my possessions I share with you."

*Evilly thinking, HAHAHAAH! I'm rich!! He's sharing his properties with me. LOL! The RX8, the house, the money! AHHAHAH!*

So I said, "I receive this Ring as a sign of the love and faithfulness between us."

And vice versa, he gets to evilly think again like me. But honestly, I didn't thought of it that way during the ceremony. HHAHAHAH! It is just post ceremony I thought so.

"Receive this Ring in token of my love and faithfulness. I honour you with my body, And all my possessions I share with you." said Lee Ling to Eng Soon.

Eng Soon was supposed to reply, "I receive this Ring as a sign of the love and faithfulness between us."BUT, he got stucked in replying me, at the SAME EXACT PART I GOT STUCKED! I got stucked thrice during the rehearsal and he just did it!! Maybe my negative psychic power went sideways! LOL!

And Keith went on to announce us as HUSBAND AND WIFE.
"As Eng Soon and Lee Ling have consented together in marriage, and have made their pledge to one another before God and this congregation, and have declared it by joining of hands, and by giving and receiving of rings, I declare that they are now HUSBAND AND WIFE. In the Name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen."

And some little blessing were said by Keith with meaningful words like live together and everlasting life as he held our right hands together and tied it up. Unity of one.

And we stopped and pause for a while to do the bureaucratic stuffs, signing the MOST IMPORTANT SIGNATURE OF OUR LIVES. People said, that is like a sales and purchase agreement that you signed up for life. Signing your life away to be shared. LOL! Just kidding!

Eng Soon was thinking in his head, "After signing, there goes my life, a married man. Gone! Everything gone, have to give her everything, cherish her, finish! All gone!!"
LOL! I made it up. But I guess he was thinking, there goes my life, stucked to a fierce girl.

Lee Ling thought to herself, "I'm rich. WAHAHHAH! After signing this paper, I'm rich. Hmm... What's first to get on my list?"
LOL! Frankly speaking, I was just thinking to myself okay, don's shake, it will be reflected on your signature if you keep shaking. I was so nervous all the way throughout the ceremony!

As Michelle and Andy signed the registrar as witnesses of marriage, we took some time off cam-whoring. And during the registrar signed, the song, "When You Say You Love Me" by Josh Groban was playing all along as we signed our papers.

And Sky bought some time while we wait for Keith to sort out the final parts of the registration.

And as we both stand in front of the Lord before walking out, the procession of bride and groom. So we waited for the music and Keith said we can walk out as soon as we are ready. And we played "Thank God I Found You" by Mariah Carey. Because we are married now, so we have found each other!

As we stepped out from the door little door before the altar. I was watching my step. LOL!The dress is too long.

Us walking up the aisle with the song.

Posing for the cameras again! And Andy and Michelle was walking behind us. LOL! So funny that they had to stopped us and asked us to slow down. Because the camera wasn't quick enough! Hah!

And again while waiting for all guests to come out to the bigger area.

A photo of me and Sommer, so lovely isn't it?

And they say, you may now kiss the bride.

More photos will be uploaded, photos taken after the ceremony in the church, outside the church, when the bride threw the bouquet and the people playing with party popper and confetti. And further photos taken around City Hall and the church, as well as the reception @ Gilby's. Stay tune!

No comments: